SWS Lawyers COVID-19 Response Statement #3 (update 3 July 2020)
As a consequence of the further relaxation of the restrictions on workplaces and gatherings of people in New South Wales, SWS Lawyers has made further adjustments to the way we conduct our business. Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, our objectives have been to provide a safe place of work for our people and to play our part in managing the risk of the COVID-19 virus in our community, while continuing to serve the needs of our clients in the most efficient and responsive manner possible.
We are pleased to announce that our office is once again ‘open for business’ and, subject to compliance with our access policies and protocols, clients and colleagues will be welcome to attend our offices.
We ask that you do not attend our offices if you:
- are unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath;
- have returned from overseas, or have been in contact with someone who has returned from overseas, in the past 14 days; or
- have been instructed to quarantine and your 14 days are not yet finished.
If you do attend our offices, we request that you:
- sign our contractor’s register or visitor contact sheet (not required for deliveries);
- sanitise your hands upon arrival; and
- observe social distancing and practise COVID-safe etiquette at all times.
For the safety of our staff and our visitors, we have implemented increased cleaning of our offices and the provision of hand sanitizer in common areas to promote the safety and cleanliness of our workplace.
We understand that some people may prefer not to attend our offices, or may not be able to do so, including for the reasons outlined above, in which case we remain ready to assist you by telephone or video conferencing, so please do not hesitate to let us know so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.
Most of our staff are now working from the office, but some are not working full-time. You should be able to reach your SWS contacts by telephone or email at least during their usual working hours. However, if you have any difficulty in getting in touch, please call our general number (02) 4040 9640 (or +612 4040 9640, from overseas) for further assistance.
If there are any further changes to our working arrangements, we will again update this statement on our website. In the meantime, we look forward to continuing to work with our clients and co-advisors in this new financial year.