IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (5 August 2021) - The NSW Government has imposed a 7-day lockdown on Newcastle and The Hunter. As a consequence of this order, we will be working remotely during this period. Please contact us via telephone or email if you require assistance.
SWS Lawyers COVID-19 Response Statement (update 30 June 2021)
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, SWS Lawyers has made adjustments to the way we conduct our business. Our objectives have been to provide a safe place of work for our people and to play our part in managing the risk of the COVID-19 virus in our community, while continuing to serve the needs of our clients in the most efficient and responsive manner possible.
Our office is ‘open for business’ and, subject to compliance with our access policies and protocols, clients and colleagues will be welcome to attend our offices.
We ask that you do not attend our offices if you:
- are unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of taste or smell;
- have attended a current NSW Health COVID-19 Hotspot;
- have returned from overseas, or have been in contact with someone who has returned from overseas, in the past 14 days; or
- have been instructed to stay-at-home, self-isolate or quarantine and your restriction period is not yet finished.
If you do attend our offices, we request that you:
- wear a face mask;
- sanitise your hands upon arrival;
- sign our attendance register - QR Code, Visitor's Contact Sheet or Contractor’s Register (not required for contactless deliveries); and
- observe social distancing and practise COVID-safe etiquette at all times.
For the safety of our staff and our visitors, we have implemented increased cleaning of our offices and the provision of hand sanitiser in common areas to promote the safety and cleanliness of our workplace.
We understand that some people may prefer not to attend our offices, or may not be able to do so, including for the reasons outlined above, in which case we remain ready to assist you by telephone or video conferencing, so please do not hesitate to let us know so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.
If there are any further changes to our working arrangements, we will again update this statement on our website. In the meantime, we look forward to continuing to work with our clients and co-advisors in this new financial year.